Wednesday, September 28, 2011

This Weeks Work


I had extra free time today so I did a lay out of a new oil painting of a woman swimming. This is the first step in the process. I love doing large oils and the freedom in that space. Since oils require so much drying time, I work with watercolors in between and finished this one with magnolias.


Feeling inspired by falls colors, plants and one of my favorite childrens books "Where the Wild Things Are" I painted a fawn resting in a bed of wild plants. River and I collected a ton of colorful leaves on our walk, so I incorporated them into the painting. I've been playing with the idea of illustrating a childrens book with a friend of mine. I'd love to be a part of creating something my son would be able to read himself someday. 


No comments: